Today we built up on the previous progress (see what it was here)
I had my twitter app credentials stored somewhere they’d not be streamed, and developed a bit of code to read and use them without showing them on screen. It’s important that those data don’t make it into a code repo! Afterwards, I used the tweepy API to create a stream following a “track”, which is just what we need to get all publications of a particular hashtag.
What remains is to really flesh out the twitter client, make it store the relevant data (see what data is really available), and get what I need.
It seems it won’t be too long – and it’s been longer than needed because I’ve been explaining things.
If you’re reading this, I want you to know that the process has been with trial and error; we found a bug in tweepy’s documentation (it’s fixed in master, which is not published yet), for instance, and I had to work out how to do things properly.
I invite you to join me on the next live stream, I will write on my twitter (@iajrz) when the date is defined.