Sustaining an increased pace of work (related to your usual baseline) over long stretches of time is grueling.
If it is so different from the usual that it’s a desperate effort – well, I’ve not been able to sustain it as well as I’d’ve hoped. I have managed to tweak my work style to better fit my desire for more productivity though:
- I have lightweight tasks – pleasant to start and carry out – peppered throughout the week which still help me move forward
- I read stuff written by smart people, which motivates me to work
- I read stuff written by people with a lot more money than I have, which motivates me to work smart
- I read stuff written by people with a lot more output than I have, which motivates me to work hard
- I have a sharper line between work and play
This has allowed me to move in the general direction I want to go. Less waste, more productivity, more happiness.